Extra, from a press launch issued by MotorSport Imaginative and prescient Racing:
Ray wins dramatic Bennetts BSB Showdown opener as Mackenzie and O’Halloran crash out
Bradley Ray continued his quest for a debut Bennetts British Superbike Championship title by claiming the opening race win of the Showdown in a dramatic eBay Dash Race, as each McAMS Yamaha riders crashed out of rivalry, shaking up the title battle.
Jason O’Halloran had grabbed the lead firstly of the race from Tommy Bridewell, and Ray because the trio received the very best launch from the entrance row.
Bridewell grasped the lead with a transfer down the within at Shell Oils nook to maneuver to the entrance of the pack, however Ray was on the assault. The Wealthy Vitality OMG Racing Yamaha rider made a transfer on O’Halloran at Druids, after which launched to the lead on the brakes at Lodge.
Ray then was holding off the pack earlier than making a break within the closing phases to say his eighth win of the season, however Bridewell was in a position to return to the rostrum in second place and that noticed him surge from eighth to fifth within the total standings.
It was drama for McAMS Yamaha; reigning champion Tarran Mackenzie crashed out at Shell Oils nook on lap 12. His DNF now strikes Glenn Irwin to inside two factors of the defending champion forward of tomorrow’s two races.
On the ultimate lap, there was contact between O’Halloran and Peter Hickman because the FHO Racing BMW rider made a transfer at Druids. The McAMS Yamaha rider crashed out of the race, which then promoted Leon Haslam right into a podium end for the VisionTrack Kawasaki workforce.
Hickman crossed the road in fourth place, however was disqualified from the outcome for the incident with O’Halloran*. That promoted Irwin as much as fourth place for Honda Racing UK, forward of Danny Buchan on the SYNETIQ BMW.
Lee Jackson battled his method again by way of the pack to complete sixth on the Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki, with Christian Iddon in seventh for Buildbase Suzuki.
Title Fighters Rory Skinner and Kyle Ryde featured in eighth and ninth respectively with Josh Brookes promoted to tenth place forward of tomorrow’s two Showdown races.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Oulton Park, eBay Dash Race outcome:
- Bradley Ray (Wealthy Vitality OMG Racing Yamaha)
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Merchandise Racing Ducati) +2.765s
- Leon Haslam (VisionTrack Kawasaki) +3.438s
- Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing UK) +4.022s
- Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) +5.508s
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki) +7.537s
- Christian Iddon (Buildbase Suzuki) +8.015s
- Rory Skinner (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki) +8.533s
- Kyle Ryde (Wealthy Vitality OMG Racing Yamaha) +12.699s
- Josh Brookes (MCE Ducati) +14.967s
Bennetts British Superbike Championship standings:
- Bradley Ray (Wealthy Vitality OMG Racing Yamaha) 1086
- Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 1048
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) 1031
- Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing UK) 1029
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Merchandise Racing Ducati) 1028
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki) 1024
- Kyle Ryde (Wealthy Vitality OMG Racing Yamaha) 1020
- Rory Skinner (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki) 1017
* For the Hickman sanction doc please click on right here
For extra info on the Bennetts British Superbike Championship go to www.britishsuperbike.com
RICH Vitality OMG Racing Yamaha
Race winner and championship chief
“That race wasn’t simple! I didn’t get the very best of begins and I discovered myself again in third. Instantly I simply wanted to attempt to get previous Jason and Tommy as rapidly as attainable, and attempt to get into my rhythm, which I managed to do.
“I couldn’t appear to interrupt them firstly. I had a few regular laps after which put the hammer right down to do a few fast laps. I managed to barely break Tommy in direction of the tip after which began to get a couple of .8 hole after which simply dug in to try to make the hole greater.
“I managed to eek out sufficient of a niche and produce the Wealthy Vitality OMG Yamaha again for the win and I’m tremendous pleased. I’m trying ahead to tomorrow’s two races.”