There have been many questions and absences going into the opening spherical of the 2022 Lucas Oil Professional Motocross Sequence. Not lining up had been Supercross stars Malcolm Stewart, Marvin Musquin, Cooper Webb, Dean Wilson, and defending 450MX champion Dylan Ferrandis. The questions swirled round Ryan Dungey popping out of retirement, nine-time World Champion Antonio Cairoli racing within the US Nationals for the primary time, freshly minted 250SX West Champion Christian Craig shifting as much as race 450MX, Ken Roczen returning to racing, and Tomac’s restoration from a Supercross knee damage. Though not one of the questions are answered definitively, Chase Sexton dominated the proceedings with an unassailable 1-1 efficiency at Fox Raceway in Pala, California.
Honda celebrated 50 years of promoting motocross bikes the evening earlier than at Peltzer Vineyard in close by Temecula, and popped extra champagne with Ken Roczen ending in P2 in each motos behind his Staff Honda HRC teammate Sexton—each mounted on CRF450RWE racebikes with Honda’s 2023 CRF450R fiftieth Anniversary Version livery.
Christian Craig’s foray into the 450MX class obtained off to a powerful begin, as he went 3-3 to spherical out the Fox Raceway 1 podium. Nonetheless, Craig was far off Sexton’s tempo, ending over 30 seconds behind Sexton in every moto.
After working in podium place early in every moto, Ryan Dungey’s first race in 5 years resulted in P5 total, courtesy of two P5 finishes. Cairoli’s P10 in Moto 1 was adopted up with a P6 within the second moto, giving the MXGP celebrity a P7 total. Eli Tomac obtained off to a powerful begin in Moto 1 earlier than fading to P7. Tomac rebounded with a P4 end in Moto 2 for a P4 total.
The sequence resumes on Saturday with the Hangtown Motocross Basic at Prairie Metropolis OHV Park in Rancho Cordova, Calif. Try our 2022 Professional Motocross TV Schedule for viewing instances and shops.Unique images by Will Embree / SMX Footage2022 Fox Raceway 1 Outcomes, Fox Raceway, Pala, CA
- Chase Sexton, Honda, 1-1; 50 factors
- Ken Roczen, Honda, 2-2; 44
- Christian Craig, Yamaha, 3-3; 40
- Eli Tomac, Yamaha, 7-4; 32
- Ryan Dungey, KTM, 5-5; 32
- Jason Anderson, Kawasaki, 4-8; 31
- Antonio Cairoli, KTM, 10-6; 26
- Aaron Plessinger, KTM, 6-10; 26
- Justin Barcia, GasGas, 8-9; 25
- Shane McElrath, Husqvarna, 11-7; 24
- Garrett Marchbanks, Yamaha, 9-12; 21
- Fredrik Norén, KTM, 14-11; 17
- Josh Gilbert, Husqvarna, 12-14; 16
- Alex Martin, Yamaha, 15-13; 14
- Benny Bloss, KTM, 13-15; 14
- Felix Lopez, Husqvarna, 18-16; 8
- Ryan Surratt, Yamaha, 19-17; 6
- Brandon Hartranft, Suzuki, 16-33; 5
- Jerry Robin, GasGas, 17-40; 4
- Marshal Weltin, GasGas, 38-18; 3
- Scott Meshy, 27-19; 2
- Justin Bogle, 20-20; 2
2022 Fox Raceway 1 Picture Gallery