Fairly than counting on Stacyc and proprietary stickers, Kawasaki enters the electric-powered steadiness bike world with an all-new bicycle engineered and constructed by Kawasaki. The design is meant to suit a variety of rider sizes and talent ranges, so let’s have a look at the 2023 Kawasaki Elektrode and what it brings to the desk.
- The 2023 Kawasaki Elektrode matches youngsters from 37 to 55 inches tall. That is completed by way of a seat 16.1 inches above the bottom within the low place and 21.5 excessive on the highest setting. The handlebar peak can be adjustable, or a distinct bar may be fitted. Most weight is 99 kilos, and Kawasaki says the result’s a bicycle meant for riders aged 3 to eight.
- The 32-pound Elektrode has an aluminum body. It’s a suspension-free design, with the battery built-in into the body. The fork is metal for improved sturdiness.
- The Elektrode’s 5.1 Ah lithium-ion battery has an estimated runtime of two.5 hours, and an equivalent recharging time. Remember that the runtime is determined by the rider’s weight and the way aggressively the bicycle is ridden. The estimated vary is 9 miles in regular use. Charging is by way of a normal dwelling 110-volt outlet. The battery can’t be swapped out.
- Three energy modes permit mother and father to pick out the efficiency for his or her youngsters. Low mode retains the velocity right down to 4.8 mph, ramping as much as 7.2 mph within the Mid mode, and Excessive mode delivers a 12.6 mph high velocity. The modes are switched on the Elektrode by way of an LCD display screen. The bike may also be ridden with the facility off. If you happen to neglect to show the facility off, the system energy itself down after 10 minutes of non-use.
- Mother and father retain management of the Kawasaki Elektrode. The mode buttons are passcode-protected, and modes can solely be modified with the Elektrode stopped.
- Utility is enhanced by the 16-inch, pneumatic Duro-shod cast-aluminum wheels. The big wheels permit the Elektrode to roll over obstacles extra successfully, and make it doable to supply a better seat peak to older riders. The Duro knobbies make the Elektrode off-road prepared.
- The rear wheel homes the motor, and has a disc brake hooked up. The rear 160mm disc solely handles braking duties by way of a mechanically actuated caliper.
- As a lot as our younger take a look at riders love the Stacyc bikes, it’s nice to see Kawasaki develop its personal electric-powered steadiness bicycle. The listing value of the 2023 Kawasaki Elektrode is $1099. We don’t know when it should hit showroom flooring.
2023 Kawasaki Elektrode SpecsMOTOR
- Kind: Brushless, in-wheel
- Most energy: 250 watts / 0.33 horsepower
- Prime speeds: Low, 4.8 mph; Mid, 7.2 mph; Excessive, 12.6 mph
- Cooling: Air
- Transmission: Clutchless single-speed
- Closing drive: Direct
- Kind: Lithium-ion
- Most capability: 5.1 Ah
- AC cost time: 2.5 hours
- Vary: 9 miles (2.5 hours)
- Suspension: None
- Wheels: Solid aluminum
- Tires: Duro
- Entrance and rear tire: 2.15 x 16
- Entrance brake: None
- Rear brake: 160mm disc w/ mechanical caliper
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 32.8 inches
- Seat peak: 16.1 to 21.5 inches
- Most rider weight: 99 kilos
- Rider peak vary: 37 to 55 inches
- Curb weight: 32 kilos
- Colours: Lime Inexperienced
2023 Kawasaki Elektrode Worth: $1099 MSRP
2023 Kawasaki Elektrode Photograph Gallery